FLIR’s Scout handheld Thermal Imaging cameras give hikers, hunters, and outdoorsmen of all stripes the ability to see clearly in total darkness, providing a wealth of valuable information during any nighttime excursion.
Scout, powered by the same advanced technology used by military and law enforcement, is the first personal thermal imaging camera affordable enough to give every outdoorsman the unsurpassed practical advantages of full-resolution thermal imaging night vision. Scout makes images from heat, not light, a feat impossible for the naked eye or even image intensified (I2) night vision devices, which means you can see clearly even without any visible light at all. People, animals, and objects all make their own heat and their own contrast, and are clearly seen by the Scout in even the most adverse conditions.
Scout enables the outdoorsman to:
• See animals and difficult terrain in reduced visibility and total darkness
• See through smoke, dust, and light fog
• See camouflage and foliage in any lighting conditions
• See more – and see farther – than with low-light night vision goggles
If you really love the great outdoors, why limit your world to only the daylight hours? Scout thermal imagers allow you to experience nature in vivid detail 24/7.
- Shuttered Eyepiece: Keeps light from coming out of the viewfinder and avoids alarming animals or other target subjects.
- 19 mm lens : with 24° field of view (and its optional 2.optical extender).
- Rugged design: All-weather design is built to withstand the demands of day-in, day-out rugged outdoor use. It even floats!
- Hot Shoe Attachment: The included “hot shoe” attachment provides power-in and RCA composite video-out connections while maintaining the camera’s tripod mounting capability.
- USB2 Connection: Permits rapid transfer of still images and video from the Scout to a PC.
- Battery Compartment: Four rechargeable AA NiMH batteries are good for more than five hours of continuous operation. Scout also runs on standard non-rechargeable alkaline and Lithium Ion AA batteries.
- Part Number: 431-0003-17-00S
|Frame Rate||7.5 Hz|
|Image Resolution||320 x 240|
|Field of View – H x V||24° x 18°|
|Field of View w/Optional 2X Extender – H x V||12° x 9°|
|Freeze Image on LCD display||No|
|SD /SD HC Card enabled (up to 16Gb)||Yes|
|Still Image Storage on SD /SD HC Card||Yes|
|Video Storage (MPEG -4) on SD /SD HC Card||Yes|
|2x Digital E-Zoom||Yes|
|Diopter Adjustment + 2||Yes|
|US B2 Port (for SW updates/upgrades)||Yes|
|Weight incl. batteries (w/o 2X Extender)||1.59 lb (721 g)|
|Size – L . W . H (w/o 2X Extender)||9.36” x 3.33” x 2.62” (256 x 84.5 x 66.5 mm)|
|Operating Temp.||32°F to +122°F (0°C to +50°C)|
|Storage Temp.||-4°F to +158°F (-20°C to +70°C)|
|Detector Type||Longwave Uncooled VOx Microbolometer|
|Video Output||NTSC, Aux Video Outout available via RCA jack on detachable Hot Shoe|
|Built-In Viewfinder Display||Color VGA LCD with brightness control and on-screen symbology|
|Power Button||On / Off / Standby|
|Start up from stand-by||<1.5 seconds|
|Battery Type||4 AA NiMH Batteries (included); Li-Ion or Alkaline optional (not included)|
|Battery Life (Operating / Stand-By)||>5 Hours / ~120 Hours (on included NiMH batteries)|
|Battery Recharging||Detachable Hot Shoe Charging Port for AC Power Adapter/Charger -or- Car adapter/Charger (both chargers and Hot Shoe included)|
|Polarity / Detection Palettes||Selectable Black Hot, White Hot or FLIR “Instalert”; FLIR Proprietary Digital Detail Enhancement|
|Fixed Use||Standard tripod mount|
|Rating / Environmental||IP-67, Submersible, 1 m drop|
|Standard Warranty||2 Year|
|Range Performance*||with std 24° Lens / with 2. Extender|
|Detect Man sized target (~1.8 m . 0.5 m)||~500 yds (~460 m)/ ~900 yds (~825 m)|