Large Recycled Plastic Compost Bin
The Polypropylene plastic that’s used in this composter is unusual. Unlike type 1 plastic (PETE) or type 2 plastic (HDPE), Polypropylene (type 5 plastic) usually ends up in the landfill rather than being recycled into new products. There isn’t much demand for recycled Polypropylene – it’s primarily used to make bottle caps and drinking straws, and those can’t be made from recycled plastic for sanitary reasons. By purchasing products made with recycled Polypropylene, you can help prevent unnecessary waste and create market demand that encourages more people to recycle.
This unobtrusive recycled plastic composter is an easy way to turn kitchen scraps and other organic waste from your home into fertilizer for your garden.
The durable design of this compost bin makes it an efficient composter for kitchen scraps and yard waste. The large lid, oversized handle, and 4 sliding access panels (one on each side) make it easy for any gardener to start composting. As the organic material decomposes, you simply open any one of the sliding panels and shovel out your rich, high-quality compost.
Don’t forget to check out our compost turning tool to keep your compost well mixed and aerated. Our compost turning tool is much easier to use than a common pitch fork for mixing compost.
Recycled Plastic Compost Bin Features and Benefits:
- Requires no tools for assembly, so you can start composting in a matter of minutes.
- Holds more than 12 cubic feet of material (approximately 90 gallons), which is plenty of room for several bags of leaves, grass clippings, kitchen scraps, etc.
- The extra-large lid allows you to add lots of organic material at once. This also helps with watering and mixing the compost.
- Features 4 sliding panels so you can easily take out the compost with a shovel.
- Opened bottom compost bin. This lets the liquid compost tea that comes from the compost seep into the soil where the bin is located, improving the soil in the area around where you�ve set up the composting unit.
- Wide air slots for proper air circulation and efficient decomposition of organic waste.
Dimensions: 87 centimeters tall x 75 cm wide x 75 cm deep (the approximate size in inches is 33″ h x 28.5″ w x 28.5″ d)
- Comes with easy to assemble instructions.
Made from 100% recycled polypropylene plastic.
- The dark color soaks up sunlight and maintains a warm operating temperature for accelerated results.