This kit allows you to easily connect the intake hose of the Safe Cell to a household register duct used commonly in residences and buildings with central force-air heating and air conditioning.
It is very simple to install:
- Place the register cover (the large plastic piece) over the register
- Insert the J-hook through a central opening in the register
- Turn it 90-degrees and pull up – seating it against on of the bars in the register
- Place the centering bar on top of the register cover and position the end of the J-hook through the central hole in it
- Thread the wing-nut onto the threaded end of the J-hook and hand tighten
- Slip fit the intake hose of the Safe Cell over the register cover – a slight twisting motion will seat it down and create an air-tight seal
Here is a typical residential floor register:
Here is the register duct kit installed:
Here is the quick-connect hose installed on the register duct kit:
Caution: by taking air from a positive pressure (forced-air heating/cooling system), you are "pre-loading" the intake air. This will give a higher air speed through the filter banks in the Safe Cell. This higher air speed will reduce the critical residence time of the air in the carbon adsorber – affecting its ability to adsorb gases.