Sunmodule SW 285 Mono / Version 2.5
285W Monocrystalline Solar Panel
The SolarWorld Sunmodule SW 285 solar panels herald an innovative new module concept. The Plus-sort (based on a SolarWorld flash report) and five watt model stepping ensures true, highest system efficiency and dispenses with the time-consuming task of sorting the modules on site. The fully automated production process at the SolarWorld factories creates a module quality that is consistently high, which in turn will ensure high yields for the long term.
High-quality, high performance, and high reliability – the SolarWorld Sunmodule is designed and built for long-term yield stability and ease of use. Every module is factory flashed at standard test conditions (STC) to determine the power output and then sorted in 5 watt increments. Only modules with a flashed power that is greater than or equal to the nameplate rated power are delivered. Flash report data is provided with every order.
The patented box channel frame design provides extraordinary stiffness in bending and torsion. The laminate with 4mm glass is set deep in the frame channel and secured with precision applied adhesive. The frame is assembled by press fit to maximize strength and longevity. The result is an extremely robust package that can be mounted in any orientation and can withstand static loads of up to 113 psf.
SolarWorld provides a 10-year Limited Product Warranty and 25-year Linear Service Warranty*.
*See warranty statement in the ‘Documents’ section above for details.
- Sunmodule power is warranted for 25 years.
- SolarWorld makes the Sunmodule in the USA, promoting local economies and energy independence.
- SolarWorld is the largest manufacturer of solar photovoltaic panels in the USA since 1977 and is a $1 billion world wide solar manufacturer.
- Multi-year independent testing by Photon magazine confirms that Sunmodules generate up to 10% more kWh per rated kW than other major brands. More kWh means more money in your pocket.
- Sunmodules are tested to withstand hail, extreme heat, high winds and heavy snow loads.
- Sunmodules meet or exceed the latest electrical codes for safety and durability.
- Sunmodules are manufactured in ISO 9001:2000 certified factories and feature:
- Silicone sealant
- Tempered glass
- EVA embedding
- Solar cell
- Back sheet
- High-strength frame
- The Sunmodule’s tight +/- 3% power tolerance ensures that you get the output you’re paying for.
|Peak power voltage||Vmpp||31.3V|
|Peak power current||Impp||9.20A|
|0pen circuit voltage||Voc||39.7V|
|Short circuit current||Isc||9.84A|
|Max Series Fuse*||15A|
* Max Reverse Current of this module is 16A. Reverse current is used for calculations and sizing of fuses and breakers. This is subjective – as this can be calculated based on 80% of the max, or 90% of the max etc. Therefore depending on how the fuses/breakers are sized, this module can handle a maximum of 16A of reverse current.
Due to continuous research and product improvement the specifications in this Product Information Sheet are subject to change without notice. Specifications can vary slightly. For installation and operation instructions, see the applicable manuals. No rights can be derived from this Product Information Sheet and SolarWorld AG assumes no liability whatsoever connected to or resulting from the use of any information contained herein.