Sunkeeper SK-6 and SK-12
Junction Box Mounted Solar Controller
Morningstar’s SunKeeper solar controller provides a low cost regulated output directly from the solar module to maximize battery life in small solar power applications. The SunKeeper is epoxy encapsulated and rated for outdoor use. By mounting directly to the module junction box and wiring through the junction box knockout, the connection is weather-proof. This eliminates the need for an additional housing for the controller.
The SunKeeper is available in a 6 amp or 12 amp version (both at 12 volts DC). To withstand the high temperatures at the solar module, the controller has been designed using extremely efficient power electronics and is rated to 70°C. The SunKeeper is also certified for use in Class 1, Division 2 hazardous locations, making it an ideal controller for solar powered oil/gas applications.
Key Features and Benefits:
- High Reliability – Rated to 70°C to operate in high temperatures at the solar module. More reliable than controllers mounted inside the junction box. Uses very low on-resistance power MOSFET’s. No need to re-rate.
- Outdoor Rated – ETL approved for outdoor use without an additional enclosure. Rugged IP65, UV resistant case. Epoxy encapsulated printed circuit board and watertight connection to the module junction box.
- Extensive Electronic Protections – Fully protected against reverse polarity, short circuit, overcurrent, lightning and transient surges, high temperature and reverse current at night.
- Longer Battery Life – Series PWM with 3 stage charging: bulk, PWM regulation and float. Includes temperature compensation at the controller or alternatively at the battery when using optional remote temperature sensor. Able to charge a zero voltage battery.
- Rated for Hazardous Locations – Specifically designed for solar power systems in the oil/gas industry. Approved for use in Class 1, Division 2, Groups A,B,C,D.
- More Information – Bi-color LED is easy to read from the ground when the solar module is pole-mounted. Indicates solar charging, regulation, normal nighttime operation and any controller or system faults.
- Easy to Install – Fits standard half inch conduit knockout (PG 13.5, M20) in module junction box. Quickly fastens with included locknut. Wires have fork connectors for easy connection to solar module terminals.
|Rated Solar Input||
SK-6: 6 amps
|Nominal System Voltage||12 Volts|
|Minimum Battery Voltage||0 Volts|
|Maximum Solar Voltage||30 Volts|
|Self-Consumption (Charging)||7 mA|
|Self-Consumption (Night)||2 mA|
|Battery Charging Regulation Voltage||14.1 Volts (at 25°C)|
|Float Voltage||13.7 Volts (at 25°C)|
|Type of Charging||Series PWM – 3 Stage: bulk, PWM and float|
|Operating Temperature||– 40°C to + 70°C|
|Dimensions||3.9" x 2.0" x 0.5" (99mm x 51mm x 13mm)|
|Weight||0.25 lbs (0.11 kg)|
|Fitting to Module J-box||PG 13.5, M20, 1/2 inch conduit|
|Wire Size||#14 AWG (2.0 mm2)|
|Wire Terminations||#8 fork connectors|
There are no reviews yet.