RP-342 “Heavy” Military-Grade Rust Preventive Spray (12 oz. Aerosol Spray Cans)
Our Strongest, Thickest, Longest-Lasting (and Fastest-Drying) Rust Preventive Aerosol, PERIOD!
* Offers the highest concentration of Industrial-Grade Cosmoline® available in a convenient Aerosol Can.
* 1-coat protects all metals, iron, steel (stored Indoors or Outdoors) for Years!
* Newly formulated! Our thickest, longest-lasting Rust Preventative Spray.
* Produces dry-to-the-touch, amber translucent (see-through) wax coating.
* Faster-Drying formula allows for quicker handling and/or shipping.
* Withstands severe outdoor exposure, salt-laden atmospheres, acid & caustic fumes and other damaging environs.
* Repels water and will not wash off in salt water environments.
* Will not crack, craze, peel or flake and remains slightly flexible over time.
* Exceptional Vehicle Undercoating Product (Autos, Trucks, Buses, Trailers, etc.)
* Aggressively adheres to imperfect surfaces and offers self-abraiding characteristics.
* Modeled after Military Specifications: MIL-PRF-16173, Grade 4 and MIL-C-83933.
COMMON APPLICATIONS INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
* Parts & equipment storage
* Overseas transportation
* Heavy machinery & equipment
* Dies, molds, lathes, shafts and beams
* Offshore Drilling equipment, platforms & infrastructure
* Farm implements
* Vehicle undercarriage / undercoating (cars, buses, trucks, etc.) – very popular application!
* Boat shafts and propellers
* Marine fittings
* Rifle & other firearms preservation/storage
* Garden tools
* Lawn mower blades
* Battery terminals
* and any other surface or part that might rust on you…
DOWNLOADS: Product Data Sheet / Overview RP-342 Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
All aerosol cans come with 6-inch extension straws which allow you to apply product in hard-to-reach surfaces, crevices, gaps, cavities, etc.
VEHICLE UNDERCOATING USAGE APPROXIMATIONS (for thorough, heavy application):
Mid-Size Sedan: 6-9 Aerosol Cans for Undercarriage. Add 3 Aerosol Cans for Inside Door Panels, Tailgate, etc.. (9-12 Total Cans)
Full-Size Truck: 9 Aerosol Cans for Undercarriage. Add 3 Aerosol Cans for Inside Door Panels, Tailgate, etc.. (12-15 Total Cans)
* In both scenarios, you’ll likely have an extra can or two. However, it’s better to have a little too much than run out.
Make sure surface is reasonably clean and dry. Spray thin uniform film. For more very long storage durations, a second coating can be applied if desired within 30 minutes. Complete setting of protective coating takes approximately 1-2 hours after spraying. Typical first application Dry Film Thickness is 2.0 Mils (51 Microns)
RP-342 “HEAVY” can be easily removed with any over-the-counter petroleum solvent. Examples include mineral spirits, paint thinner, naphtha, diesel fuel, or our very own Cosmoline Remover. Our Cosmoline Remover is very effective, but also considerably more expensive than the other options mentioned.
RP-342 “HEAVY” meets or exceeds the following specifications: MIL-PRF-16173E Grade 4, Class 1 and MIL-C-83933
* Certificates of Conformance are not available for this product.
3 years when stored in prudent conditions (cool, dry, shaded).
* Ozone Depleting Substances – Aerosol products were not manufactured, do not contain, and were not packaged using any Class 1 or Class 2 ozone depleting substances as defined by the clean air act.
* Non-Chlorinated (no chlorinated solvents).
There are no reviews yet.