The LifeStraw Mission gravity powered water purifier removes 99.9999% of bacteria, 99.99% of protozoa, and 99.999% of viruses, while purifying an impressive 18,000 liters of water (4,750 gallons).
Simply fill the BPA-Free bag, hang, and enjoy clean, purified drinking water. It’s Ideal for camping, group hikes, expeditions, and is available in 5 liter or 12 liter sizes.
Features & Benefits:
- Filters up to 4,750 gallons or 18,000 liters of water to 0.02 microns (20 nm)
- Removes minimum 99.999% of viruses (>LOG 5 reduction)
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes minimum 99.99% of protozoan cysts (>LOG 4 reduction)
- Requires no electrical power, batteries, or replacement parts
- Requires no running water or piped-in water supply
- Flow-rate of 9-12 liters/hour
- Roll-top dry bag is lightweight, compact and easy to fill; fill-marker windows on bag display water level
- Included shoulder strap makes carrying easy, while also enabling the bag to be hung from a tree
- Designed to handle turbid and muddy water
- Internationally recognized & award-winning water filter
How LifeStraw Mission Works:
LifeStraw Mission uses a highly efficient method of purification that requires no chemicals, batteries or moving parts. Water poured into the purifier moves down the tube, while being forced through narrow hollow fibers. Clean water exits through tiny pores in the walls of the hollow fibers, but bacteria, viruses, protozoa and other contaminants are trapped inside and are flushed out by backwashing.
- Easy-to-remove, 80-micron pre-filter inside bag; also includes extra pre-filter screens
- Purifier is easy to clean in the field, thanks to integrated back-flush bulb
- All raw materials are US FDA compliant or equivalent
- Water passes through the meter-long blue PVC hose and gravity creates sufficient pressure on the membrane cartridge in order to reach a high flow rate.
- Ultra filtration takes place in the hollow fiber membrane cartridge – a pore size of 20 nanometers (0.02 microns) retains bacteria, viruses, parasites and fine dirt particles.
- The blue tap is turned to release purified water.
- Backwash the membrane by squeezing the red backwash bulb 3 times with both taps closed and then releasing the dirty water from the red tap. Water from the red tap should never be consumed.
Common Questions:Does the LifeStraw Mission require a power source?
The LifeStraw Mission is a gravity filter and does not require any power source. No batteries or electricity is needed.
Does the LifeStraw Mission remove viruses with iodine?
The LifeStraw Mission filters out contaminants without electricity, moving parts or chemicals. It will remove 99.999% of viruses through advanced filtering technology.
Does the LifeStraw Mission filter out salt water and/or chemicals?
The LifeStraw Mission is designed for the backcountry and will filter out 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria, 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites and 99.999% of viruses and. Salt water and chemicals will not be removed.
Can I buy replacement parts or filters for the LifeStraw Mission?
There are no replacement parts or filters available for the LifeStraw Mission. The LifeStraw Mission filters 18,000L of water. This means that if used daily, a family of 5 can receive clean drinking water for 3 years.
How will I know when the LifeStraw Mission has reached 18,000L of water?
LifeStraw Mission has an auto-clog mechanism. If the product does not deliver water despite the backwashing and pre-filter cleaning, it means that the life of the product is over. LifeStraw Mission will filter on average about 10 liters of water an hour and can filter more than 18,000 liters over the product’s lifecycle. That is enough to provide a typical family of five up to three years worth of clean and safe water.
Can I drink pool water with LifeStraw products?
Pool water contains chlorine and other chemicals. LifeStraw products can only filter out bacteria and parasites, not chemicals.
How do you know when your LifeStraw has reached capacity?
When your LifeStraw has reached capacity, it will no longer be able to draw water through the filter. To extend the life of your LifeStraw, please follow the instructions on the manual to properly back flush the unit.
What is the shelf life of LifeStraw products?
LifeStraw products use mechanical filters to remove contaminants from the water source. No chemicals or moving parts are involved within the filtering process, meaning nothing will expire. If stored in room temperature, the LifeStraw will last indefinitely until it reaches capacity…even after use!
There are no reviews yet.