These are REAL Biscuits and Gravy- freeze dried for a 25+ year shelf life. All cans were sealed in an oxygen/moisture free environment.
- #10 Can (aka Gallon size can)
- 18 oz per can (8 biscuits and gravy)
- U.S. Government/Military Surplus
- 25+ year shelf life
- No Refrigeration Required
- October 2020 Production Date
Biscuits and Gravy are a traditional US food that is typically served for breakfast.
These Biscuits and Gravy are current production and will be manufactured in 2020 by a large military defense contractor. We just purchased a large lot of these direct from a Defense Reutilization Office (DRO) Source. Although actual use is always classified on these kinds of bids, our information is that these are purchased for Executive Branch use, not for our troops in the field. That usually means these go to underground bunkers for continuity of government use by strategic military leaders, congressional members and sometimes even White House staff or leadership.
You can expect to get 25+ years out of them in the can – and probably as many as 30 to 40 since there is no water or oxygen in the can to spoil the product!!!
Preparation: Rehydrate biscuits for 30 minutes in a sealed container. Then pat dry and warm up. Rehydrate gravy in hot water for 10 minutes. Alternatively, break up freeze dried biscuits and pour gravy over it. You get crunchy and soft biscuits that way.
Once opened they will last:
- up to 1 year in a Zip Lock bag with refrigeration once opened but not re-hydrated
- up to 60 days in a zip lock bag without refrigeration once opened, but not re-hydrated.
- up to 5 days in the fridge once they are re-hydrated
These are perfect for storing and using for many years! You can have a great tasting food in minutes with no mess and no waste – and it doesn’t matter if the power goes out!!! Perfect for camping, boating, travelling, or at the cabin.