This detachable unit upgrades your standard gas mask to a powered air-purifying respirator (PAPR mask) that uses an integrated blower instead of lung power for improved airflow and positive pressure within your gas mask.
MIRA Safety’s PAPR is based on an enhanced design from the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF), modified to use standard AA batteries, and available at a third of the closest competitor’s price. Anyone will breathe more easily and comfortably while wearing a PAPR respirator. Still, it’s ideal for those with a limited lung capacity who may not otherwise be able to wear a mask.
KEY FEATURES OF THE MB-90 PAPR:
- Compact, lightweight blower mounts to your belt or pack, then connects to your gas mask via a standard 40mm NATO hose
- Compatible with any traditional 40mm NATO threaded gas mask
- Filters attach directly to the PAPR unit instead of the gas mask for improved mobility
- Slim form allows for use in tight/confined spaces
- Originally developed by the Israeli Ministry of Defense for rugged, combat-ready use
- Adapted by an Israeli defense contractor to meet MIRA Safety specifications, with improved components and housing
- Provides up to 90 l/min of sustained airflow
- Uses affordable, easy-to-find AA batteries (up to 12 hours from 8 batteries)
- Impact-resistant polycarbonate design for rugged performance
The MIRA Safety MB-90 Powered Air Purifying Respirator fundamentally transforms and improves the way any gas mask works …
With any standard gas mask, including our MIRA Safety CM-6M and CM-7M, your lung power pulls air through the filter that removes toxins and potential threats.
That sounds simple, but in practice, it’s not always so easy. Filters increase breathing resistance, and any negative pressure gas mask will cause you to tire faster than you would without one. It can be distracting, but worse still—not everyone has the lung power to use a negative pressure gas mask.
Children, those with respiratory issues, or anyone who can’t blow up a large balloon can’t use most gas masks. Not to mention, the added weight of strapping filters to your face can make wearing a gas mask cumbersome over time.
The design of our new powered air-purifying respirator addresses all of those issues.
Weighing just 1.8lb on its own, our PAPR straps to your belt and uses two 40mm CBRN filters. Then, the hose connects directly to your mask, reducing your mask’s overall weight for improved mobility. Switch the blower on, and the unit instantly provides 90 liters/min of airflow drawn through the attached filters.
As a result, you’ll have an easier time breathing, maneuvering, and doing practically anything with your gas mask. The unit can still be used if the batteries are fully depleted, but it reverts to a standard negative pressure system. With a quick swap of the AA battery unit, it’s right back in action.
Even more importantly, a powered air-purifying respirator can potentially make your mask even safer by creating a positive pressure environment inside the mask…
By feeding such a high rate of airflow directly into your gas mask, our PAPR becomes a positive pressure respirator that creates an additional layer of protection around the edges of your mask, ensuring that dangerous particles are kept out.
This is the same principle that helps PAPR hoods work, even though they don’t have the additional seal you get from a CBRN gas mask.
Our MB-90 PAPR is a direct upgrade from the Israeli military issue, with multiple improvements and a modified battery bay that will work with AA batteries that you can find practically anywhere. Eight AA batteries provide up to 12 hours of runtime.
Most PAPR’s on the market work only with NiMH and LiSO2 batteries, which are prohibitively expensive and difficult to find. The MB-90 PAPR works with all three for ultimate flexibility.
So upgrade your PPE kit today with an MB-90 PAPR and discover a whole new level of maneuverability and comfort.
STANDARD PAPR KIT INCLUDES:
- MB-90 PAPR
- 40mm NATO threaded hose
- Body rig
MB-90 PAPR TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
- Weight (with batteries): 809 grams (28.9 ounces)
- Power supply: 8 x AA batteries (also compatible with NiMH and LiSO2 batteries)
- Airflow: 90 l/min. at overall resistance of up to 65mm water
- Operating time (without replacing batteries): Up to 12 hours
- Shelf life: 10 years
There are no reviews yet.