Medium Battle Dressings are used for larger wounds. They measure 7.25" X 7.25". While the Small Battle Dressings have two cloth (muslin) tails, the Medium Battle Dressings have four.
- Tear open the plastic covers and remove the dressing.
- Tear the inner paper wrapper and remove the Battle Dressing..
- Unfold the absorbent portion of the dressing.
- Place the white, absorbent side against the wound.
- Wrap the olive drab "tails" around the body and dressing to keep it firmly in place.
When fully saturated, a Medium Battle Dressing will contain almost 400 ml of blood (not quite one unit).
The plastic wrapper can be used (with adhesive tape) to effectively occlude an open chest wound. .
Tear open the plastic wrap.
Unfold the bandage.
Apply to the wound.
Wrap the tails around and tie the ends together.