Description: THIS IS NOT A HAMMOCK, THIS IS A HAMMOCK INSULATED INSERT
A novel solution to the problem of sleeping bag and clothing insulation compressing under the tension from the hammock, this insulating layer fully encases the hammock (rather like a giant banana skin) trapping warm air both within the hammock but also in its generous layer of insulation, the full length zip allows easy access in and out of your own micro climate.
Due to the versatility of the hammock insulation systems, the wide variety of applications and variations in camp set up it is difficult to establish an overall comfort temperature for these items. As a general reference the insulation used is Travelsoft with the similar fill weights to our two season sleeping bags. We would strongly recommend you experiment with your own set up and gradually build up to more extreme temperatures until you are confident of the overall thermal performance.
SET-UP NOTE It is very important BEFORE you use the Hammock insulation system that you check the tension by lightly pressing down. THE HAMMOCK COCOON IS NOT DESIGNED TO BE LOAD BEARING. YOUR HAMMOCK SHOULD TAKE YOUR WEIGHT, NOT THE COCOON.
- Fits most hammocks
- The Travelsoft filling has great insulating properties, trapping heat and maximizing comfort
- Made with Micro Diamond fabric with a Paratex antibacterial treatment
- Antibacterial Discourages the growth of bacteria which also results in a reduction of odors
- Fully enclosed trapping warm air both within the hammock but also in its generous layer of insulation
- Full length zip allows easy access in and out
- Comes with compression stuff sack
118 x 34in (300 x 86cm)
11 x 9in (29 x 24cm)