The UANVB Katana is a high strength and lightweight articulating binocular housing that has quickly become a popular option in the commercial and law enforcement markets. The Katana is the lightest binocular on the market to date at a functional weight of 17.76 oz. fully assembled (with battery installed). It comes with a industry leading LIFETIME WARRANTY on the housing and is made in the USA. The articulating design allows users to use one eye or both eyes enabling the simultaneous use of a thermal optic or other non-passive aiming systems. This also enables users to operate vehicles without limiting head space by eliminating the need to stow the unit upright or to tuck the pods against the helmet when stowed.
It is simple with a minimalist design. An onboard battery with no remote power keeps things simple and wires off the helmet. Push button on/off in the cap to reduce weight and reduce the footprint of the bridge. Individual pod power on/off when articulated to the side for single or dual eye use and to eliminate backsplash when stowed or rotated out.
An original new “Friction Lock Interpupillary Adjustment” feature allows users to quickly and easily set IP stop distance with a simple rotate into place and forget design. No tools or knobs. This unit is light weight without compromising strength. It is rugged and has been drop tested to the NATO 1.5 meter drop test standard. All our products are designed and hand built in New Hampshire, USA.
- Material: Polymer
- Color: Black (Standard), Coyote (Cerakote)
- (Battery + Standard Pvs-14 lenses and Image intensifiers): 17.76oz/1.11lbs/503.5g
- (No Battery + RPO Pvs-14 lenses and Image intensifiers): 15.12oz/0.94lbs/428.6g
- Power: CR123a on board
- Remote Power: Optional (DISCLAIMER: Do not use onboard power and remote power simultaneously. Main power controlled by battery pack when remote power is utilized)
- IR Illuminator: No
- Pod power off when rotated to side: Yes (Individually)
- Mount style: Dovetail
- Warranty: Lifetime repair of all housing components no questions asked. (Does not cover damages to intensifier tubes or lense assemblies)
- Glass / Optics: WE ONLY USE TWO HIGH QUALITY MIL-SPEC Options
- Carson Industries
- Rochester Precision Optics (RPO) Ultralight. These high performance optics weigh ~1/3 less than Carson Industries. These cost significantly more than Carson, but because we Kosher Surplus bought such large quantity, we are able to offer this upgrade at a very reasonable price.
There are no reviews yet.