5 Part Salad Sprout Mix
Growing Organic 5 Part Salad Mix Sprouting Seeds
- Difficulty: Easy
- Recommended Seeding: 1.5 tbsp per quart jar, sprouting tray, or sprout bag
- Initial Soak Time: 4-6 hours
- Rinse Frequency: 2-3 times per day
- Days to Harvest: 5-6 days
- Nutrients: Sulforaphane, Protein, Fiber, Iron, Calcium, Folate, Potassium, Magnesium, Vitamins A, C, K, Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids
- Calories: About 25 calories per 1 cup serving
- Flavor: Perfectly balanced blend of sweet, spicy, and savory. Fresh and crunchy sweetness is the predominant flavor profile from the alfalfa and mung, taming the sometimes overwhelming spice of radish which comes in late on the palate. The aromatic, yet pungent, addition of broccoli and green lentil helps add a touch of savory to help marry the contrasting sweet and spicy highlights. Exterior seed shells soften and become chewable during sprouting.
About Organic 5 Part Salad Mix Sprout Seeds
Using either a seed sprouting jar, sprouting tray, or hemp sprout bag, add about 1.5 tbsp organic 5 Part Salad Mix sprouting seeds to your container and allow seeds to initially soak for 4-6 hours. After initial soaking, continue to rinse organic 5 Part Salad Mix sprouting seeds 2-3x per day and immediately drain, not allowing water to sit and soak. Rinse seeds 2-3x per day for 5-6 days, keeping organic sprouts fresh, crunchy, and hydrated without waterlogging. Non-GMO 5 Part Salad Mix sprouts are quick to harvest in just 5-6 days, ready for fresh use boasting the the tame notes of alfalfa and mung, pungent and verdant broccoli, and a kick of spicy radish and green lentil and only about 25 calories per cup. Organic 5 Part Salad Mix is a complete blend of vital sprouting seeds fortified with Sulforaphane, Protein, Fiber, Iron, Calcium, Folate, Potassium, Magnesium, Vitamins A, C, K, Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids.
Inside The Organic 5 Part Salad Mix
Organic Alfalfa Sprouting Seeds: Medicago sativa, or more commonly known as alfalfa, is an ancient legume and one of the most diverse crops ever domesticated. Only recently though has non-GMO organic alfalfa been celebrated as a beneficial cover crop legume, grown among commercial farms and home gardens for its ability to replenish depleted soils with atmospheric nitrogen, then tilled back into the soil as an all-natural and organic “green manure” garden mulch. And even more recently has the alfalfa seed been elevated for worldwide human consumption. It may have taken millennia, but organic alfalfa seeds have worked their way out of the farm and field and into many international gourmet delicacies.
Organic Broccoli Sprouting Seeds: Brassica oleracea var. italica. While being a popular vegetable crop grown for its healthy and tender flowering head, broccoli has also gained worldwide popularity over the past 20 years for its dense, abundant nutrition content known to contain 10-50x more sulforaphane, vitamins, amino acids, alkalines, and living enzymes than its fully matured counterpart. Sulforaphane-rich superfoods, such as organic broccoli sprouts, have been found to help alleviate a number of maladies including chronic inflammation and cancer-causing free radicals.
Organic Radish Sprouting Seeds: Raphanus sativus. More commonly known as Daikon radish or even falsely “white carrot”, is native to much of eastern Asia, but has since domesticated throughout most of the world. These root crops have become more popular as a cover crop within the last decade because of their ability to protect the soil from weeds while adding nutrients back to the soil. Daikon radish’s hardy and solid roots are able to provide deep channels in the soil that enrich neighboring and subsequent crops.
Organic Mung Sprouting Seeds: Vigna radiata, simply known as mungbean, is also known throughout the world by a variety of names including “gram”, “maash”, and “moong”. Domesticated to much of eastern Asia and the Indian subcontinent, the mung bean is a traditional staple used as both a sweet and savory component to entrées and desserts in Chinese, Filipino, and Indian cuisines. Organic mung bean seeds mature into a legume cover crop that makes an ideal seasonal cover crop and companion plant known to replenish depleted soils of essential nitrogen and weed suppression, while also being popularly mowed down and tilled back into the soil as an organic and all-natural “green manure” to supplement spring soils ready for sowing.
Organic Green Lentil Sprouting Seeds: Lens culinaris, or more commonly known as green lentil, is one of the earliest domesticated crops ever and is still going. Although a delicious and widely grown sprouting seed, non-GMO Lens culinaris is a popular cover crop traditionally sown in the fall to replenish nitrogen content in garden soil while breaking up tough soils. Green lentil is cultivated for its firm roots known to help minimize garden erosion, improve soil tilth and structure, while bolstering weed suppression.
Wholesale Non-GMO Organic 5 Part Salad Mix Sprouting Seeds Per Package:
- 4 oz – Wholesale – Approximately 25,000 Seeds
- 8 oz – Wholesale – Approximately 50,000 Seeds
- 1 lb – Wholesale – Approximately 100,000 Seeds
- 2.5 lb – Bulk Seeds – Approximately 250,000 Seeds
- 5 lb – Bulk Seeds – Approximately 500,000 Seeds
- 35 lb – Bulk Seeds – Approximately 3,500,000 Seeds