SAF Red Instant Yeast – 16 oz
- WHY WE LOVE IT: SAF is easy to use (no proofing or pre-dissolving); it’s fast-acting and long-lasting, continuing to work for hours longer than “rapid” yeast. It’s absolutely reliable. AND it costs 75% LESS than supermarket active dry yeast. ‘Nuff said Saf is the only yeast used in the King Arthur test kitchens.
- Widely used by professionals, SAF is the #1-selling yeast worldwide.
- No need to “proof” or dissolve SAF; just add along with your other dry ingredients.
- Use in any recipe calling for active dry yeast: artisan loaves, pizza, sandwich bread, bagels, rolls, and more. No need to adjust the amount, use just as the recipe says.
- From France’s Lesaffre Yeast Corporation.
- Vacuum-packed, 1-pound brick makes about 96 loaves of bread.
- Store in an airtight container: for 6 months at room temperature or in the fridge; or for a year or longer in your freezer.