ITEM NO LONGER AVAILABLE
SOG Gov-Tac Fixed Blade Knife , Bead Blasted Blade Kraton Handle
SOG21B: Gov-Tac Fixed Blade Knive w/ Black, Bead Blasted Coating & Kraton Handle
SOG Specialty Knives Inc.
The Gov-Tac transcends the page. You will have to handle it to appreciate that the ‘sum’ of this knife is so much greater than just its parts. Double precision ground grooves, thumb control ridges, and an extremely thick blade all contribute to this stunning knife.
The challenge was to create a new breed of extreme fixed blades… suitable for today’s modern military, capable night and day, wet or dry, and able to be carried in a variety of ways. But you might ask, what could possibly be new in a fixed blade? The Gov-Tac easily answers this question with contemporary solutions and have been tuned and tweaked for performance at every level.
- An instinctual new handle shape with bold diamond checkering and scored with grip lines
- Signature washer construction that has never before been accomplished with a molded Kraton rubber grip handle
- SOG’s proprietary Hardcased™ Bead blasted black coating on blade, pommel, crossguard, and spanner nut
- A proven blade style that is robust with flat ground bevels and precision ground grooves
- Stainless steel sculpted crossguard and pommel (capable of being used as a field hammer)
- Weighted and balanced for perfect control
- Blade Length: 6.1″
- Blade Material: AUS 8 Stainless Steel
- Handle Material: Kraton Rubber w/ Black and Grey Washers
- Blade Hardness: 57-58 HRC
- Weight: 9.6 oz.
- Overall Length: 11.375″
- Carrying Mechanism: Kydex Sheath