Welcome To The Composting Revolution!
Allow 3 Weeks for Delivery
SUN-MAR’s NEW Garden Composters make it easier than ever to produce your own top-quality, nutrient-rich garden compost.
A SUN-MAR Garden Composter is a gardener’s dream! You know that by recycling you are doing the right thing, and it’s fun to produce your own compost, effortlessly. With a SUN-MAR garden composter, you’ll enjoy:
- Reduced waste disposal costs
- FREE source of fertilizer
- Reduced water bills (soil mixed with compost retains water better than regular soil)
- Improved plant health due to improved soil structure & nutrients
- Year round use – you can continue to add material, even during the cold winter months
SUN-MAR’S Unique Features:
When it’s this easy and inexpensive, why WOULDN’T you choose to compost?
- Compost discharges automatically
- No waiting for compost batches to finish
- Unit is pest-resistant
- Easy loading and turning
- Assembles easily in about 2 minutes!
- Renowned SUN-MAR quality means years of hassle-free use
SUN-MAR Garden Composter 400
The 400 Model is considerably bigger than the 200, but otherwise it works on the same principles. The 400 is designed for composting kitchen scraps and a cut up materials from a small residential garden. The unit’s drum can hold approximately 11 bushels (100 gallons) of compost material.
Autoflow Technology on the SUN-MAR 400
The diagram shows how material (such as kitchen scraps, yard & garden trimmings) moves into and along the outer drum. A scoop on the inner drum (not shown) collects material and pushes it along the inner drum, exiting through the output port.
- Drum Volume: 366 Liters (approx: 11 bushel or 100 gallon)
- Height: 36"
- Depth: 28"
- Overall Length: 42"
- Product weight: 60 lbs
Operation of the 400
Material is added to the 400 by sliding the input door open. To mix and aerate the compost, rotate the drum by turning a shaft on the exterior of the unit. Compost is removed by opening the output port, rotating the drum and allowing compost to fall from the inner drum into a bushel basket or other container.
Included with the SUN-MAR 400:
- Optional Rollers – The unit has optional rollers, which can be snapped into the cradle base to make it easier to move the unit when it is on a hard surface.
- Sample of Compost Swift – a sample bottle of Compost Swift concentrate, which is a mixture of aerobic bacteria and enzymes, specifically formulated to speed the activity of aerobic bacteria in any backyard composter, and get your compost going faster.
- Spare Parts – You are unlikely to need them, but we are including 2 spare vent plugs and one spare drum cap in case you break one.
- Remove the drum from its shipping carton.
- Snap the cradle into the drum bearings (big end first).
- Install the shaft and handle.
- Put 4" bearing end in place.
- Secure the drum in place by installing the drum cap.
- Put optional rollers in place.
That’s it! No fasteners are needed, and the entire process takes under five minutes!