Potasium iodide is a salt of stable (not radioactive) iodine that can help block radioiodine from being absorbed by the thyroid gland. The thyroid gland is the part of the body that is most sensitive to these compounds. A single dose of potassium iodide protects the thyroid gland for 24 hours. A one-time dose at recommended levels is usually all that is needed to protect the thyroid gland.
People should take potassium iodide only on the advice of public health or emergency management officials. If radioiodine is not present, taking these supplements and others like it are not protective and could cause harm. Table salt and foods rich in iodine do not contain enough iodine to block radioiodine from getting into your thyroid gland. Do not use table salt or food as a substitute. Do not use dietary supplements that contain iodine in the place of potassium iodide. They can be harmful and non-efficacious.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) released guidance in December 2001 on how to safely use potassium iodide.
- IODINE FOR PROTECTION – Potassium Iodide (KI) is a stable iodine salt. Taking a stable iodine helps the thyroid absorb and be “full” of iodine in order to avoid absorbing radioiodine for 24 hours.
- SUGGESTED USE: For short-term use only (up to 2 weeks). : Children: 65 mg, 1 tablet once daily. Adult/Adolescent: 130 mg, 1 tablet once daily. Similar use as potassium iodate tablets, ki pills or other iodine supplements.
- GUARANTEED PURE – Our Potassium Iodine Drops, potassium iodide tablets, and potassium iodine pills are 3rd party tested and produced in the USA in an FDA-registered Food-Grade Facility.
- EMERGENCY USE: The body does not produce Iodine naturally, which makes Potassium Iodide Pills perfect for emergency or survival kits.
- GUARANTEED FOREVER: We are a family company founded on quality, integrity, and our forever guarantee. We guarantee your 100% satisfaction or your money back forever!