BACK ORDER ETA EARLY DECEMBER
ONLY CAN GET MULTICAM OPTION
The Mohawk MK1 Gen. 2 is a full spectrum counterweight / storage system for the modern combat helmet. Incorporating operator feedback as well as our staff’s own battlefield experience, we designed the Mohawk MK1 Gen. 2 to be a highly functional, modular accessory for all modern warriors. It provides useful storage and retention of mission-essential gear and will attach to any currently-fielded ballistic or bump helmet with Velcro.
The Mohawk Mk1 is packed full of useful features for Armed Professionals and Civilian Hunters alike. No other helmet accessory system offers this level of versatility. Designed by TNVC staff, we tapped our good friends at Spiritus Systems to produce it for us right here in the U.S.A.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Signal Strobe Attachment & Retention A vertically-oriented Mohawk strip is the centerpiece of the design. It features a Velcro pile surface that accepts attachment of all currently issued / fielded signal strobe devices. The continuous pile strip allows for precise placement of the device on the rear or top of the helmet. It also provides enough room for attaching a blast sensor device. An adjustable shock cord net provides secondary retention for the devices while not limiting access to their controls. This is important when performing high stress activities such as airborne operations and high angle work. Don’t wear a strobe light? No problem. The shock cord net provides excellent storage for a tourniquet – Easily accessible and always handy.
- Versatile Storage Compartment An ambidextrous access, low profile storage compartment helps solve the classic counterweight argument. Some argue that any added weight should be comprised of useful mission essential gear. Others argue that once operators begin using said mission essential gear, they end up losing the counterweight and defeating the purpose. Counterweights have historically been designed for one side or the other. But, why can’t the operator have both? Now they can. The main storage compartment features two elastic pockets that hold removable, flexible lead weight strips (4 strips are included) for 1 pound of counterweight. The rest of the compartment is occupied by a removable battery organizer tray that holds up to 6 cells. Operators can choose to run just the weights, just the batteries, or both. But that’s not all! when the weights and battery tray are removed, the Mohawk storage compartment will perfectly fit the low profile “summer” battery box for the GPNVG-18.
- Ready Access Batteries Two elastic loops sit atop the main compartment, providing immediate access battery storage. These loops allow operators to grab two batteries without ripping Velcro. They also provide secondary functionality by holding a chemlight for nighttime airborne operations or field ID while hunting.
- Headset Cable Management The Mohawk MK1 Gen. 2 has two bottom-located Velcro strips for bundling and storing communication headset cable. This extremely useful feature solves one of the most annoying issues facing operators. The headset cable that plugs into your body-mounted PTT is often left dangling to snag on everything during training or storage of the helmet. Or if you have dual comms (one for team radio and one to plug into the vehicle radio), one of the cables will be left to dangle when you dismount the vehicle. The Mohawk MK1 Gen. 2 cable storage straps will stow those pesky cables, protecting them and giving you freedom of head movement.
- Secondary Retention The Mohawk MK1 Gen. 2 features two loops for routing 550 or shock cord on either side. This is for secondary retention of the entire system during high intensity activities. Velcro does not provide 100% retention on a helmet. The Mohawk MK1 Gen. 2 provides the opportunity for the operator to run cord from the system to the rear helmet bolts or rail. Doing so will keep your Mohawk MK1 Gen. 2 securely in place regardless of battlefield conditions.
- User Feedback Generated Gen. 2 Features Lighter weight 500D Cordura Nylon material compared to the 1000D Gen. 1 versions, color and pattern matched Velcro pile on all versions, improved cable retention for helmet mounted comms, and a built-in cord lock retainer to keep the bungee retainer from hanging loose.
The TNVC Mohawk MK1 Gen. 2 is the most feature-rich helmet accessory system available. But if you run an ANVIS or Ground Warrior Battery Pack, check out the Mohawk MK2 Gen. 2, or if you are using the BNVD battery pack with the AN/PVS-31/31A, please check out our Mohawk MK3 Gen. 2.
- Manufacturer: TNVC (produced by Spiritus Systems)
- Dimensions: Mohawk Strip: 6″ x 2.75″
- Storage Compartment: Approx 2.75″(H) x 5.5″(W) x 1.25″(D)
- Weight: 1.0 lbs with Weights
- Material: 500D Nylon
- Manufactured: Aberdeen, NC USA, Berry Compliant