Years ago, before we developed the Travel Berkey water filter, before we offered different size systems, we were always asked why we did not offer a system that was smaller. Our customers pointed out the benefits this more compact size would offer. After much research and customer feedback we developed the Travel Berkey water filter to meet our customers’ needs. Because of its smaller more compact size, this water filter system is the ideal unit for traveling or for use in areas where counter top space is at a premium like motorhomes, motels or efficiency apartments. It easily fits into a suitcase or even an airline carry-on bag when traveling. The Travel Berkey’s ability to accept up to two filters makes it able to provide drinking water for small groups of people or smaller families of up to four people. The Travel Berkey lid as well as the upper and lower containers are all made of a high grade, durable stainless steel that is engineered to last a lifetime. This water filter system comes with everything you need to start purifying your drinking water within minutes of assembly including easy to set up instructions with no tools or special knowledge required. The tried and true stainless steel container material provides an easy to clean surface that does not allow contaminants to permeate the container. This ultra-hard smooth construction offers the benefits of resisting stubborn lime and water scale buildup, making it much easier to maintain than filter housings made of other materials.
The Travel Berkey is the perfect size!
Powerful and Portable Water Purification
Do not let the size of the Travel Berkey fool you; this is one powerful purification system. Because it contains the exact same purification filters as all of our systems, this unit is packed with all of the same contaminant reduction abilities of its larger sized siblings. Portability is a convenient feature that makes it possible to bring this compact model with you wherever you go. Backpackers, mountain ranchers, fishing and hunting guides as well as mountain climbers and hikers all use the Travel Berkey to set up base camps. The unique micro-porous filtration ability of the Black Berkey purification filters allow users to take water from most outside sources like streams, lakes, ponds and rivers and convert this questionable water to purified drinking water.
- Two Black Berkey purifier filters (will produce approximately 6000 gallons of drinking water before needing to be replaced)
- Produces up to 2.75 gallons of filtered drinking water per hour
- 7.5″D x 19″H
- 6 Lbs. Dry
- High quality stainless steel container
- Easy flow spigot
- Knob for lid
- Complete assembly and maintenance instructions
- Compatible with the Berkey PF2 Fluoride filter
- Not yet available in Iowa
- Quantity discount up to 20% on all Berkey systems added in shopping cart
- Easy to assemble, use and clean. The Travel Berkey is constructed of heavy duty polished stainless steel with no seams to rust or leak
- Filter lifespan of over 1,000 gallons for the set of two. Silver impregnated for self-sterilizing properties. No PRIMING REQUIRED
- Includes one stainless steel Travel Berkey, 2 – 7″ ceramic filters,non-slip pad,and standard spigot
- The two 7” British Berkefled ceramic filters are WRAS approved and meet NSF standard 53 for turbity. designed for removal of Bacteria and Chlorine